Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Austria

Hello everyone!

My name is Christian. I live in Austria and want to start beekeeping again. This time treatment free!

I kept bees for 3 years but not very successful. I was never a fan of treating bees because it seemed very unsustainable to me and I was sure that it must somehow work without treatments. Before I got into beekeeping I was preparing myself for about 1 to 2 years. Reading, watching videos, taking classes to learn how to do everything. Unfortunately my focus was on the practices of how to manipulate bees and not on management strategies to gain resistant bees. So I failed.

The last few years I stuck to the topic and finally read, and watched everything I could find from Michael Bush, Solomon Parker, Ed & Dee Lusby, Tom Seely, Mel Disselkoen, Erik Österlund,...
    But since theory does not get you resistant bees I finally want to start next year to keep bees again, treatment free!

I am very happy to be able to join this forum and look forward to get in contact with you!

Best Regards,
    Christian

Hello Christian,

Welcome to the forums. Have you read the article by Tjeerd Blacquière?
    Last edited by BobTheBuilder; 06-09-2020, 08:18 AM. Reason: Wrote the name Tjeerd wrong :->
    Waregem - West-Vlaanderen - België (Flemish/Dutch)
    Waregem - West-Flanders - Belgium (English)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Blog
    https://beekeepingwithbob.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Bamabww
      Bamabww commented
      Editing a comment
      That was an interesting article BobTheBuilder, thank you for sharing it with us.
Working...
X